Council Tax Assessment Officer
IMH Recruitment are currently looking to recruit an experienced Council Tax Assessment Officer to work on behalf of the local council based in Barnsley.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with administration and maintenance of accounts including the award of discounts, exemptions and reliefs to ensure correct billing of council tax accounts.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve complex council tax liability issues whilst ensuring a customer focused service.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Carry out assessments of free school meals, housing benefit and council tax support, including areas of subsidy loss and discretion.
- Experience of Capita Academy EV system.
- Experience of Northgate Information at Work DMS.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines.
- Previous local government experience using authority-based systems.
- Numeracy and literacy skills.
- PC Skills using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of local government financial procedures and statutory regulations.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbally and written forms.
- Able to communicate with members of the public, other employees and external organisations.
- Able to speak fluent English, in line with the English Language requirement for public sector workers.
- Ability to follow procedures and work under pressure, ensuring tight deadlines are met.
- Decision making and good judgment skills whilst handling and processing large amounts of complex manual and computerised information, ensuring all information is accurate.
Hours and Pay:
- £10.41 per hour.
- Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00.
If you are interested, please apply with an updated CV.
If you have any questions or want an informal chat, please contact the office on 01709 541200.
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, please note you have not been successful, and we wish you all the luck with your job search.
IMH Recruitment acts as an employment agency in relation to permanent roles and an employment business in relation to temporary roles.