HR Business Advisor
IMH Recruitment are currently looking to recruit a HR Business Advisor in Wakefield to start ASAP in the local council
Managers and employees across the whole Council including schools, Academies, External Agencies and Organisations in accordance with Service level Agreement and Contracts.
The post will require someone with a high degree of motivation and management skills to ensure that the services are managed to agreed service standards. Failure to do so will have a significant impact on the reputation of the HR Service as a whole. Reduced levels of customer and stakeholder satisfaction may result in loss of services.
The post will require a high level of professional credibility through achievement in Human Resource Management and an in depth understanding of the organisations priorities and plans, customer focus and the ability to lead a responsive and time critical service.
The post holder can expect to be working with Service Directors and occasionally Corporate Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To provide support to complex issues to senior managers and the HR Business Partners in consultation and negotiation with key stakeholders in the directorate linking workforce planning and workforce development with the Council’s direction of travel and business and financial plans
· To work with Senior Managers, partner organisations and customers on a wide range of issues relating to their workforce plans, e.g. organisational change, wellbeing, performance.
· To lead on and or contribute to, specific projects in response to changes in legislation or working practices within the Council and to ensure those projects are managed effectively
· To provide strategic advice to Senior Managers across the Council on policy matters and contribute to the development of policies in order to better meet the needs of managers and services.
· To support the development and delivery of a customer focused HR Service.
· To ensure performance standards are maintained to drive sustained and continuous performance improvements, efficiencies and value for money within agreed monitoring/reporting framework and standards.
· To work closely with Senior Leaders, Managers and customers to enable them to develop their competency and confidence to identify, develop and deliver workforce solutions to support the delivery of their goals and priorities.
· Actively support Department Management Teams in achieving shared organisational objectives that support strategic business aims and respond to changes to legislation and government initiatives
· To support, develop and maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with the recognised Trade Unions and the Schools Trade Unions, advising at formal (Joint Consultative Committee’s) and informal meetings
· Driving licence
· Essential: Educated to degree level, Graduate CIPD or equivalent qualification with experience of working in a management role
· Significant knowledge of Employment Legislation and its application in a large and diverse workforce
· Significant experience of working with customers to deliver successful pragmatic solutions to complex workforce issues and problems
· Significant experience of consultation and negotiation with customers, services and key partners including Trade Unions on complex issues, to deliver successful outcomes
Hours and Pay:
£18.85 per hour
Monday – Friday 8.30 – 17.00
If you are interested, please apply with an updated CV.
If you have any questions or want an informal chat, please contact the office on 01709 541200.
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, please note you have not been successful, and we wish you all the luck with your job search.
IMH Recruitment acts as an employment agency in relation to permanent roles and an employment business in relation to temporary roles.