IMH Recruitment are proud to be working with a prestigious and rapidly expanding organisation based in Dinnington, due to growth and progression our client is now looking to recruit a Production Supervisor.
The production supervisor will be required for the day to day supervision of a team of production operatives.
The hours of work on this vacancy are as followed:
Monday to Friday 8.15am to 5pm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective allocation of resource (people and equipment) to achieve production plan.
- Direct operator performance management with respect to output and compliance.
- New starter induction and training.
- Preparation of production paperwork as dictated by the production plan.
- Preparation/collation of production materials (bulk, packaging, labels etc).
- Assure product quality through periodic checks and inspections.
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment as specified by procedure.
- Escalating all quality issues through the relevant channels and pursuing effective resolutions to maintain planned output.
- Contribute to data capturing for KPI monitoring purposes.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with all stake holders.
- Monitor and control consumable inventory (eg: PPE).
- Provide regular and accurate plan progress updates to Management.
- Experience in a similar supervisory role
- Experience of working in a target driven production environment (eg: manual packing)
- Experience of food safety and hygiene
- Working knowledge of BRC
- Good Excel and general computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure with rapidly changing and potentially conflicting priorities
- Supervisory experience gained within a BRC environment
- Experience of process development and staff training in a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of CI and waste reduction tools
- Experience of preparing kit lists, including the significance of batch control and detailed record keeping
Qualifications and Training:
- Basic Maths and English qualifications, good written English (essential)
- Basic H&S qualification (desirable)
- BIT NVQ (desirable)
- Basic food safety qualification (desirable)
- Basic understanding of SAP (desirable)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent