Senior Planning Officer
Imh Recruitment are looking for an experienced Planning Officer/ Senior Planning Officer to work on behalf of Wakefield Council.
As a Planning Officer you will demonstrate effective case work management skills to expediently assess and determine a caseload of minor and householder planning applications to assist with a backlog of cases within the service.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Take a lead role and assist the Council and its partners to deliver outcomes on major complex planning applications, provide resubmission advise, deal with appeal case work to secure the best planning income.
· Produce reports which place a strong emphasis on planning policy and provide design guidance. Case work may include effective negotiation of planning performance agreements, calculation of CIL contributions and coordinate associated legal agreements.
· Case manage a live case load; ensuring that issues are recorded and dealt with in accordance with the agreed target(s) and timescale(s) associated with national requirements corporate objectives and or through the terms of performance agreements.
· Prepare professional reports and produce and present evidence for appeals. Ensure that planning policies and procedures are applied and adhered to and represent the Council as required.
· Knowledge of current planning policy/legislation
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· A track record of managing a varied planning caseload
· Full, clean driving licence and access to a motor vehicle
Hours & Pay
If you are interested, please apply with an updated CV and contact the office on 01709 541200.
IMH Recruitment acts as an employment agency in relation to permanent roles and an employment business in relation to temporary roles.