IMH Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Electrician to work on behalf of the local council based in Barnsley.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out electrical repairs and installations.
- Ability to work from detailed commercial electrical design drawings and circuit diagrams.
- Testing and inspection of commercial electrical installations to the current IEE requirements and also to take appropriate remedial action where required.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with a wide range of commercial electrical installations and specialist equipment such as fire alarms, emergency lighting and controls etc.
- Ensure that all electrical test certificates and reports are completed to specification and ready for submission to client/client agent.
- Carry out diagnostic fault finding on a wide range of installations and equipment.
- Assist with planning work and make appointments where no prearranged appointments have already been made.
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities.
- Will be required to frequently travel to other offices and sites as required.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the Norse Way CSR strategy.
- City and Guilds Electrical Level 3 or equivalent – Essential.
- BS 7671: 2008 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations – Essential.
- City and Guilds 2391 Inspecting and Testing Certificate – Essential.
- Hold a Current Site Card or is prepared to immediately attain – Essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in a similar or related role – Essential.
- Commercial installation experience – Essential.
- Ability to identify specific colours particular to electrical wiring – Essential.
- Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces – Essential.
- Familiar with relevant construction, Health and Safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos – Essential.
- Experience in dealing with boiler panels and plant – Desirable.
Hours and Pay:
- £18 per hour.
- Working between the hours of 07:00 and 17:00.
- Monday to Friday.
- Full-time position.
If you are interested, please apply with an updated CV.
If you have any questions or want an informal chat, please contact the office on 01709 541200.
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of your application, please note you have not been successful, and we wish you all the luck with your job search.
IMH Recruitment acts as an employment agency in relation to permanent roles and an employment business in relation to temporary roles.